1) Long project duration, SAP releases newer versions and by the time you are in Production you are already late by a year.
2) Reports are postponed to the end , instead this should be the first to be visited.
3) End-user involvement at the end.
4) Let project teams transport changes fastly.
5) HANA code remediation, reduce up to 30% lines of code and improve application server performance by using features like
Table Expressions, instead of doing expensive LOOP
in the API world, each second is a light year.
6) Instead of running at full capacity after go-live, gradually increase the capacity. If the system is running 24x7, you won't have downtime to fix the issues immediately. And also problems get added.
7) Data Migrations: Do not make Warehouse layout changes with new systems. First, migrate the data as it is, and then make the layout changes if needed.